The WG2E is starting work on a new anthology. Submissions will be open to the public until March 31, 2013. The anthology’s release is scheduled for Summer 2013.
· Each short story must be less than 10,000 words.
· 1 inch margins, 12pt Times New Roman font
· Author Name should not be anywhere on the document which should be attached to the email.
· Title of story, number of words and page number should be in the heading on each page.
· Email subject line should be: WG2E Summer 2013 – Your Full Legal Name – Title of Short Story
· So we’ll have everything in one place, should your story be accepted, please include the following in the body of the email:
1. What name you write under if different than your legal name.
2. A 1 to 3 sentence blurb about your story.
3. Include a brief bio for yourself. No more than 60 words, please.
4. Also include your address and phone number
5. All social media/website/Amazon Author page links
· Each story must have a romantic element. (No erotica please.)
· Each story must follow the Theme: Natural Disasters – show us how your hero/heroine responds during a hurricane, earthquake, forest fire, tornado, etc.
· Each story must stand-alone – have a beginning, middle and ending.
· Use of characters from an author’s current series is acceptable as long as it meets genre and theme and stands alone.
· Each submission must be the original work of the person who submits it and must not have been previously published in any form.
· Email submissions to: Rhonda Hopkins at tolivetowrite-WG2E (at) yahoo (dot) com
Members of the WG2E Street Team will read submissions and choose the best for the anthology. Notifications will be sent out no later than May 15, 2013.
In order to eliminate any biases or favoritisms, submissions will be read blind. One person will be in charge of accepting submissions and sending them out to the readers without authors’ names. Therefore, it is very important that you follow the instructions above. If you do not, your submission may not be read.
Expenses (i.e. cover, editing, etc.) will be split equally between all authors accepted into the anthology.
Royalties will be split between the authors and those from the WG2E Street Team working on the anthology.
If your story is accepted, you agree not to publish or permit others to publish the story in any form prior to its publication and appearance in the Anthology and for the first one hundred-eighty (180) days after the official publication date.
Make sure your submission is as ready for publication as you can make it. If it requires extensive revisions or editing, it will not be accepted.
We are very excited to get started on this anthology. Our previous one, TALES FROM THE MIST, was a lot of fun and has been successful, ranking in the top 10 in categories on several occasions since its release in October 2012. It has an average of 4.8 stars from reviews on Amazon and an average of 4.7 stars on Goodreads.
If you’re interested in seeing our work, you can find TALES FROM THE MIST at the following:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/V6AQdT (paperback and kindle versions)
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/T09zHO
You can find us here: facebook
So think up a natural disaster you can throw your characters into and start writing. We’re looking forward to reading your stories. J
The WG2E Street Team Anthology Members